Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Am Not A Crook!!!

Let me tell you my story about this helmet that almost caused me some jail time. So it all began at Smiths Market Place in Bountiful. I never go there, but today I had to drive down their to get London her shots so I figured I would stop in and look around for some Christmas gifs. Right from the beginning I saw this Star Wars helmet which I just recently purchased at Sams club for like $7.oo more. I decided to save a little money (I know, I'm a tight wad) and buy this one, and return the other to Sams club. Well I only had Londons stroller, so I put it in the little bottom cubby. (with full intentions of paying for it) I did the rest of my shopping and didnt find anything I wanted, and walked right out of the store. I got to my car, got London buckled, and bent down to get my diaper bag out and BOOM!!! saw the helmet. "OH S_ _ t!!!" I said out loud.. looking up to discover a woman from the store walking right toward me. I quick grabed it out and said "oh my Gosh mam I toatally forgot this was in here, I just barly realized." (Don't forget London was all buckled, I was wearing a Hoodie with no makeup on so I toatally looked like a freaken shoplifter.(Sorry that sounds really judgemental, but you all know what I mean.) I just kept on apologizing and telling her how embarrased I was, and THANK HEAVENS!!! she believed me and let me come back in and pay for it. I'm shaking just thinking about it. Can you imagine if she wasn't so forgiving. I just don't know what I would have done. Greg won't let me go shopping by myself anymore. He's say's I'm too forgetful. And he's right:)

2 comments:

jellington614 said...

This story is so funny!!! It is a good thing there are some trusting people in the world. I love the new look on the blog by the way.

TIDWELLS said...

that is so funny I have done stuff like that before.. I am glad she believed you or we would all be pitching in bail money..