Monday, February 9, 2009

Some great news!!!


Well for those of you who don't know, Me and Greg have been hoping for Eric, (Hayden and Shy's Bio dad) to give up his rights and let Greg adopt them. I asked him a long time ago, and he never actually said No, but it didn't sound very hopefull. About a week ago he called me saying he's put alot of thought into it and wants to go ahead a do it. This might sound bad, but I'm so happy that he's decided this way. He's never really been around for the kids except an occasional Holiday phonecall, and some alway's late gifts. He has been paying child support, but mostley because it comes straight out of his paychecks. The kids never ask about him, he's pretty much out of sight out of mind. The extra money will be missed, but It's toatally worth it. Greg is so excited to be able to Adopt Hayden and Shy. I truley believe that this is what were supposed to do and that everything happens for a good reason. Me and Greg have been back and forth about what he should do for work, weather he should re-enlist in the Airforce, or get out and persue other things. with the economy the way it is, and Greg not yet finished with his degree we've decided the best thing to do is re-enlist. This means probably having to move either out of state, or over seas, and defenetly more deployments for him. I'm terrified for either one of those things, but still feel good about our decision.

5 comments:

The Tanners said...

OH char, I am so happy Greg will have rights to them! Yea that is so exciting. Also I am so bummed about Greg re-enlisting. I know he needs to do it and it's smart with the economy to stay in the military for job secruity but to move??? Oh man I will miss you so much. When will this all happen? I have Wed off and was going to take Mya to the tree house again. I went a couple of weeks ago with my friend who came into town. IT's really cheap on Wed its only $3 or $4 for the both of you and your kid to get in. Can you go Wed. I was going to go around 1:00-1:30ish? They will only last a couple of hours so we can be home before your other kids are out of school? What do you think? LEt me know. I will call ya tomorrow.

Jon & Kim said...

You two are amazing! I am so happy for your cute family. We love you and we will be here to support you. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is neat he is going to adopt them. I think that's definately what is best when they are so young, that's what my dad did for his kids too. The job decision, that is so hard, and will be so sad! We hope you get to stay close. Good Luck!

TIDWELLS said...

I am so excited for you as a family that is ausome. You so can't move anywhere what about cousin nights out. I love you all so much you are such a special family..

jellington614 said...

The daddy part is amazing!!! So neat, what a relief. The re-enlisting part...not so fun but I know when you feel like it is the right decision, everything will work out!!! Congrats again!!!